ABC | Sudan’s military rulers to protesters: No more ‘chaos’

Sudan’s ruling military council on Tuesday warned protesters against any further “chaos” as organizers called for mass rallies later this week.

Gen. Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, the deputy head of the military council, said council members “are committed to negotiate, but no chaos after today.” He reiterated the military’s demand that protesters clear roads and railways, saying seven provinces were running low on food, water and fuel.

The military overthrew long-ruling President Omar al-Bashir earlier this month amid four months of mass protests. The protesters have remained in the streets, demanding an immediate transfer of power to civilian rule and calling for mass rallies on Thursday.

The two sides are negotiating the formation of a new transitional government but are divided over the role of the military, which is dominated by al-Bashir appointees.

Dagalo said at least 12 security forces have been killed in clashes with protesters across the country since al-Bashir’s April 11 ouster, without providing further details.

Please read the article from the source